Hacienda Heights Improvement Association (HHIA) is a private non-profit association with a twelve volunteer member Board of Directors. HHIA was formed in 1948 and incorporated in 1955. Its mission statement is:
1. To foster and support those projects of improvement and development that will make Hacienda Heights a better place in which to live, and to do all things lawful and necessary and needful in connection therewith.
2. To develop and foster proper zoning and land use in the Hacienda Heights Unincorporated Community, assist the Los Angeles County Regional Planning Commission, and the Board of Supervisors, in studies, zone change requests, and other matters pertaining to land use in our area.
3. To unite in interest all of the property owners and residents of Hacienda Heights for the purpose of creating (non-partisan) community interest, and to effect a combined influence on matters pertaining to the development and welfare of Hacienda Heights.”
Board of Directors
|Code Enforcement *||Diego Loyafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Environmental Improvement *||Maury Edwardsemail@example.com|
|Membership * & Newsletter **||Open|
|Parks & Recreation *||Jennifer Kelleyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Community Relations *
|Programs *||Scott Martinemail@example.com|
|Public Relations *||Lucy Pedregonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Public Safety and Health **||David Salcedoemail@example.com|
|Streets and Highways *||Jeffrey Linfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Water & Utility Services **||Ted Chang||TedChangHH@gmail.com|
|Website **||Randy Black email@example.com|
|Zoning *||Shou-Jen Kuofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|* Standing Committee from Bylaws; ** Additional Standing Committees|
The 12 member Board of Directors of HHIA is elected by the members of the association. Each member is elected for a two year term, and may serve three consecutive terms. Four members are elected annually. Any member of the association may seek election by placing his/her name on the ballot during the fall months. Applications may be requested from the President and candidates will be expected to express their interest and views in serving on the Board. The election is conducted by mail ballots which are counted by five members during the annual meeting in January.
Back to top of page
Our regular meetings (open to the public) are on the third Monday of the Month at 7 p.m. at the Hacienda La Puente Unified School District Board Room with the exception of January (the Annual Meeting / Dinner- all members) and the fourth Monday in February due to the Presidents holidays.
|4th Monday||3rd Monday|
Location: Hacienda La Puente Unified School District Board Room 15959 E. Gale Ave., City of Industry, CA 91716 Google Map
Time: 7:00 p.m. sharp
Annual Meeting schedule- See HHIA Events
- Organize and promote the Jim Davis Beautification Day to be held on Saturday June 29th, 2019. (Sponsors: Lucy Pedregon/Scott Martin)
- Participate in the “I love America” 4’*’ of July Parade (Thursday) (Sponsor: Scott Martin)
- Participate in new membership projects and activities. (Sponsor: Ted Chang and entire Board)
- Compile notes/lessons learned from past Annual Meetings. (Sponsor: Scott Martin)
- Develop plans for following special projects:
- Park Improvement Effort (Sponsor: Adriana Quinones / Maury Edwards)
- Website Improvement (Sponsor: Randal Black)
- Update Past “HHIA Accomplishments” (Sponsors: Board)
- Organize the HHIA Rental Storage Unit. (Sponsor: Scott Martin)
- Develop plan for Dog Park in Hacienda Heights. (Sponsor: Jennifer Kelley / Maury Edwards / Adriana Quinones)
The Hacienda Heights Improvement Association was incorporated to provide a conduit of information on behalf of the residents of Hacienda Heights and government agencies that provide services to our unincorporated community. Its Board of Directors holds monthly public meetings to allow any resident of Hacienda Heights to raise concerns or suggest improvements that would enhance life in this community. Board members are drawn from broad areas of interest and typically represent many neighborhoods to assure personal awareness of a given situation. In addition to assisting community members in resolving issues that are of concern to them, HHIA’s board members have worked diligently on their own to improve the aesthetics and quality of life for our residents. A brief listing of these areas includes the following:
1. Placement of power lines along Hacienda Blvd. underground
2. Leader of community opposition to expansion of the Puente Hills Landfill adjacent to
Hacienda Heights residences and schools
3. Protection of residents and schools from impacts of Puente Hills Landfill expansion
4. Defeat of proposal to construct a trash incinerator in the hills above Seventh Avenue.
5. Advocacy for Community Enhancement funding from landfill expansion
6. Improvement of Seventh Avenue Trailhead
7. Construction of two recreational trails accessible from Seventh Avenue and
Orange Grove Avenue.
8. Implementation of Orange Grove Park
9. Organized lawsuit to compensate residents near PHLF for loss of property value
10. Proposed conceptual plans for screening unsightly block walls along Hacienda Blvd.
11. Construction of sound walls to protect residents living adjacent to Pomona Freeway
12. Representation on multiple agencies seeking to protect wildlands adjacent to Hacienda Heights
13. Organization of Jim Davis Beautification Day
14. Implementation of Adult Business Overlay Zone in City of Industry
15. Organized opposition to building dedicated truck lanes adjacent to Pomona Freeway
16. Organize community response to Conditional Use Permits for significant projects in
17. Participation in development of the Hacienda Heights Community Plan
18. Instrumental in the October 31, 2013 closure of the Puente Hills Landfill
19. Advocated for more parks in Hacienda Heights including a Dog Park
20. Restoration, maintenance and increased use of the Puente Hills for recreation, hiking and biking.
21. HHIA is the point organization from which the County seeks input regarding future
projects in Hacienda Heights
See also: Historical Highlights